There is no easy way to set your APN on your iPhone from the iPhone settings. I don’t understand why Apple don’t just make it easy for all of us. Good thing there is a way, and it’s easy enough for anyone to do the steps. Below is the How to set iPhone APN in One Step.Open your Safari Browser with your iPhone, go to http://help.benm.at, go to the very bottom and click on Tethering. If your Country isn’t listed, go all the down to the bottom and create a custom APN and set your APN Settings there and click on Download. That’s it! That’s one step easy.
If you already have an existing APN Profile, you can edit your APN Settings by going to General > Network > Cellular Data
Alternatively, you can follow below for 6 steps how to if the One Step above isn’t sufficient:
1. mac version: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL851
windows version: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL926
2. Open the iPhone Configuration Program, for Mac Version, it should be in Utilities Folder.
3. Google your Carriers APN settings
4. Under Library there’s a Configuration Profiles, Click on “new”, go down to advanced, add the APN settings, for example in Malaysia, use Access Point name “maxis” and password, “wap”, rest not needed, at least not for Carrier Maxis
5. Connect your iphone, should pop up as in iTunes, go to “configuration profiles tab”, chose install, a notification should appear on your phone, choose “install”. After install it should work directly.
Only one profile can be installed at once; which sucks because if you have different pre-paid cards, then you are stuck with one provider till you get a chance to go home and switch profile. For iPhone 3GS with iOS 4, the APN settings is under General > Network.
1. Look in Devices/<phone>/Console for error messages.
2. In your Settings/General, you should now have a profile-tab, so you can choose to remove it if you experience any other problem and redo.
How to change iphone apn on iOS 6 is easy as well.
go to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Network and there you can change your Cellular Data APN