If you want to install the latest WhatsApp 2.10.2 on your iPad, iPad Mini,or iPod Touch with or without jailbreak, this method works as the previous version. This is also an updated version of the how to for the latest iTools. I find it the easiest to do if you have Windows. The Tools works best on Windows since it will back up everything to your computer. I had trouble backing up WhatsApp Documents using OS X. However, before we proceed, it’s best if you turn off Auto Cloud Backup on your WhatsApp 2.10 before proceeding. This Method will delete all your chat history, chat groups and media. Save all media to your phone first and you need an iPhone for this to work as well. Otherwise, borrow one from your friend.
Before we continue, you can download iTools from here: http://itools.hk/multi_lang_pc_download.htm or you can download the OS X version, currently working on Mountain Lion, not tested on OS X Maverick yet, here: http://itools.hk/en_mac_download.htm
Let’s get Whatsapp on iPad, iPad Mini or iPod Touch now:
- Open Whatsapp on your iPhone and if you have a current account, you need to delete that phone number and enter in your Google Voice Number or other phone number where you can get SMS that is not being used on any other Device that has Whatsapp in it. Go to Settings > Chat Settings > Advance and click on Delete My Account and enter in a new number which the iPad will use.
- After you enter in the new number in Whatsapp for your iPhone to be use in iPad.
- Plugin your iPhone to your computer where iTools is installed.
- Open iTools, click on your iPhone and then Apps and find Whatsapp app then click on Backup, and select Backup with records (Windows) for Mac there is only one choice. Select the destination of the file, I prefer the Desktop so it’s easy to find. Note: The file will be about 174mb or so, no less then 50mb. If it’s less than 50mb, it will not Install properly on your iPad.
- After the backup is done, on your iPhone, you need to delete Whatsapp. Do not Delete your account. Delete your Account and Delete your Whatsapp is different. This is the essential part, delete your Whatsapp on your iPhone. The reason being is that since Whatsapp works only with one number, it will think that your iPad is an invalid one and will need to verify. But you can’t verify because SMS will not get in to your iPad. You need to do this now before proceeding to the next step. Go ahead, delete Whatsapp on your iPhone. Don’t worry, you won’t loose your contacts, but you will loose your chats, history, and media.
- After you delete Whatsapp on your iPhone, Whatsapp will think that your number is still current so therefore, installing Whatsapp on your iPad will work. Plug in your iPad to your computer and in iTools, click on Applications under Library and then select WhatsApp and it will automatically put WhatsApp 2.10 to your iPad, iPad Mini or iPod Touch.
- Open Whatsapp on your iPad Mini and test chat with your friends.
- Let’s get WhatsApp back to your iPhone. Re-download WhatsApp on to your iPhone and register your real iPhone number so you can continue using WhatsApp on your iPhone. Just be sure you don’t accidentally use your iPad phone number to another WhatsApp registration. Also, be sure that the number you use on the iPad isn’t unregistered on accident otherwise you have to start the process all over again.