Garmin Mobile and Telenav (AT&T Navigator), what’s the difference? I always had the same question since I knew about the two and I had to try it out myself. I tried Telenav for two years and really liked it until Garmin Mobile came out. I tried Garmin Mobile on and off, the longest was two months. I liked both, and since I used Telenav longer than Garmin Mobile, I kept Telenav.
So what’s the difference? Both use the your data connection, the software don’t download the maps to your memory card, and everything is updated via internet. Both has auto day and night mode so it will change screen to it’s time to less constrain your eyes.
Garmin Mobile Pros and Cons.
1. Re-route Faster than Telenav
2. Finds anything using Google Search without GPS
3. Built in Flight Information
4. When there is traffic, it will actually avoid it if you set the preferences to default.
1. No Auto Dimming
2. Local Search is useless since Google Search is 100x better, just a waste of space.
3. Doesn’t show Total Miles on the screen, instead it shows how fast you are going.
4. Waste more Battery since it doesn’t auto dimm, you have to keep it plug in to the outlet of your car.
5. Navigation won’t speak if you are on the phone.
Telenav Pros and Cons.
1. Auto Dimm and turns on when the next turn is close by. Not Default in the preference.
2. Traffic alerts you and ask if you want to avoid.
3. Voice Navigation still talks to you even when you are on the phone.
4. Display total miles to go
5. Share your location and Telenav will guide you to that location.
1. Slow search if you just powered up Telenav
2. Constant loss of Data Connection even though I have no problem chatting on the phone.
3. Voice does not route onto the headphones jack.
4. Re-routes slow during a few times a trip to downtown where streets are close to each other.