Did you loose your BlackBerry Messenger Contacts when you upgraded to 5.0 from 4.x version of BlackBerry Messenger? The point of this is that if you don’t like BlackBerry Messenger version 5.0 and would like to revert back to 4.6 or 4.7, but your contacts list are all gone, then I might have a solution for you.
(Warning: There’s no way to select what you want to restore selectively, so if your BlackBerry Messenger Contacts is very important, then proceed:)
1. Be sure to have a Backup of your entire Device on your PC. It won’t work without it since your Backup has all your BlackBerry Messenger Contacts.
2. You also must have your BlackBerry Device OS on your PC. For example, if you have BlackBerry Bold and your OS is 220.127.116.11, that version should be installed. If not, your Carrier should have them. You might need to Google that version if you don’t have the OS Installed.
3. Delete BlackBerry Messenger 5.0 from your BlackBerry.
4. Plug in your BlackBerry to the PC.
5. Click on Application Loader.
6. Select the BlackBerry Messenger 4.6 or 4.7
7. Let it install and wait for it.
After it is installed, here’s the step to get your contacts back. (Warning: There’s no way to select what you want to restore selectively, so if your BlackBerry Messenger Contacts is very important, then proceed:)
1. On BlackBerry Desktop Manager, click on Restore/Backup
2. Click on Restore
3. Select the Restore File
4. Wait for it to Restore
5. Restart your BlackBerry Device
Do this at your own risk. One thing can go wrong after another, and loosing BlackBerry Messenger contacts isn’t fun at all.